Bill of Rights

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Paradigm Shift

In 1962, Thomas Kuhn wrote The Structure of Scientific Revolution, popularizing the concept of "paradigm shift" (p.10). Kuhn argues scientific advancement is not evolutionary, rather it is a "series of peaceful interludes punctuated by intellectually violent revolutions", and in those revolutions "one conceptual world view is replaced by another". 


The past couple of posts have included a bit of hurt and pain. It is understandable in the face of disclosures.  The truth is, I don't want to fight over things. There is only one thing worth fighting for -- and that is something I wouldn't have to fight for.

My faith in my Father in Heaven and my testimony in his restored gospel. 

As I walk around my home looking at the pieces of me, I have to ask myself, can I live without that? I have a piano that is barely movable without the assistance of one strong dude. Can I live without that?  It is part of my inheritance. I was gifted my grandmother's baby grand piano in 1997. I hauled in from my home in Utah to Virginia. I paid to have it professionally packaged and secured. When I got to Norfolk, it was obvious it was going to have to stay in storage for a while longer. I couldn't bear it under the humid circumstances that it was stored it. I called an antique piano refinisher and struck a deal.  I traded my antique baby grand in for a brand new upright. It wasn't the best deal, but it was better than what I was currently dealing with.  That piano has been 4 different homes since that deal was finalized. 

There are other pieces of furniture from various family members, a brand new dining room table. There are books and knicknacks that make up a life I've lived now many years. There are several sets of china that came from Japan when my father was stationed there that I also inherited. 

As I look around though, I can't see a single thing that is worth fighting over to the point of losing myself in the process.  I can't see where I would gain destroying the man I have spent more of my life with than my childhood family.

Where does this leave me?





I don't know. The limbo between filing for divorce is difficult. 
I want to leave next week, but I know I can't.
I want to never see H's face again, but I know I will. 



  

I wish it was as easy as a click on my keyboard 

or 

 


making a directional turn down a different road.


The truth is...

It's more like this.....

And a huge change it attitude




which is easily upset by one little text from H
....or H bringing D home later than expected
....or a bad night's sleep complete with horrible dream of what my future could look like
....or a comment from someone that wasn't mean to throw me smack dab back in trauma
....or breathing in and out just trying to get through the next moment
....         

No comments:

Post a Comment