Bill of Rights

Friday, January 17, 2014

Dig Deep

Dig Deep

Get Deliberate

Get Inspired

Get Going


I'm taking this course by Brene Brown and Oprah.  I'm taking it as part of my recovery.  When the email came in today about digging deep.  My first thought was, ' Yeah, I'm doing that."  and "how deep?"

I keep looking over these words for the assignment today.  Deep.  Deliberate.  Inspired.  Going.

I am deliberate about recovery.  But inspired?  I'm not so sure this is inspiring.  In fact it is more depressing at times than inspiring.

Yesterday at 12 Step we talked about Step 6 "Become entirely ready to have God remove all our character weaknesses."  I'm thinking about how this relates to these words above.  I'd need to dig deep to find ALL my character weaknesses.  I'll need to be deliberate about it -- prayerful even.  "Please Father show me my weaknesses that I might see them and have Thee remove them."

I have weaknesses -- a lot of them.

  -  I fuss at my kids some time.
  -  I fuss at my husband.
  -  I get frustrated when the counselor doesn't send me the topics so I can plan the hymns for Sunday.
  -  I look at Facebook and then remember I should read my scriptures first.
  -  I struggle with consistency with family home evening.
  -  I get crazy nervous when I teach RS and sometimes ramble (I hate this the most).
  -  I don't always have the motivation to clean my house.
  -  I jump to conclusions with family members  -- some times.
  -  I wrestle with fear and doubt where my husband is concerned.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head.  I'm not feeling too good about that list as it is.  When I kneel down to pray and get deliberate -- what will God show me.

I'm pretty sure I won't be inspired.

I need to get going but I feel stuck.  I seriously DO NOT need any more trials.   I already stumble with this issues I know of and am trying to work through.

I made a sign with this scripture to hang on my bathroom mirror.

   Either 12: 27  "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

I'm praying it helps me work this step.






2 comments:

  1. I'm taking Brene's course too!!! awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Step six is hard and depressing BUT to every negative there is a positive, you won't see it at first but as you prayerfully work this step, God can show you how these weaknesses can become strengths. A beautiful thing about working the steps is that God does the work for us. Our work is to become willing to change and learn to accept His grace. His grace is what effects the change in our very natures. We do the work of uncovering what's buried deep within us and we bring it to Him. He heals us. By his grace we are saved and His grace is sufficient to heal ALL of our wounds.

    ReplyDelete