Bill of Rights

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Accepting The Status Quo



I have a pile of recovery books on my desk every day.
There's one on the little table in the powder room.
I have them next to my bed.

I'm confident H has never looked at one of them.
Ever.

It's ok.  It's not his recovery -- it's mine.

H is happy now, at least.  Which hasn't been the case for years.  
Even with my distance -- he is happy.

I'm working on my happy too.

The steps I am working in my HTC manual, and weekly at group have helped me accept this place and be ok with it.  I don't like it.  I'd prefer the honesty, the openness, the complete disclosures.  I'd prefer to be able to trust.

Until then --

I have come to understand that I am powerless over this.
I am turning my will over to the care of God.

Each and every day I work my recovery.  Regardless of how H see's his life, his actions and behaviors. Every day -- I work on me.

So that this can be my truth:

“One day in retrospect the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.” - Sigmund Freud

No comments:

Post a Comment